Terms of Service
Be nice. We (Heather Crosby and the folks at GlutenFreeBakingAcademy.com) run this site and would love for you to use it. This site and related services are designed to educate, and we encourage you to express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you share, and please be respectful. Being critical is fine, but rudeness and personal attacks are not. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items listed below appear in your writing or what you link to (things like spam, viruses, or hate content).
Be accountable. The decisions that you make regarding your diet and lifestyle changes are your own. Because there is always some risk involved when changing diet and lifestyle, Gluten-Free Baking Academy, the webmaster, its authors and visitors are not responsible for any adverse effects or consequences that may result from using the information on this site. By visiting or using this site you are automatically accepting 100% responsibility for all risk involved with your (and anyone you are responsible for) lifestyle and diet changes. Your health is ultimately your responsibility. The recipes, recommendations, and resources on this site are not given as medical advice, nor is it intended to propose or offer to propose a cure for disease or other conditions. Before starting any lifestyle or diet changes, consult a physician. Only your health care provider, personal physician or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs and only they can diagnose your particular medical history.
Content for Personal Use Only. NO EXCEPTIONS AT THIS TIME. In regards to posting, printing, or sharing Gluten-Free Baking Academy content, recipes, or photos, the best rule of thumb is don’t.
Duplicating, sharing, or uploading GFBA product files to sharing sites or with non-enrolled students is considered stealing, and we will prosecute stealers to the full extent of the law. Be honest. Don’t steal our stuff. Don’t teach workshops with our material, or use our copy to do so.
If you are interested in licensing GFBA content for business or educational purposes, contact us.
The Gluten-Free Bread Baking Course, herein referred to as “The Product,” is protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. The Product is provided solely for your personal, noncommercial use. You may not use the Product or the materials available on the Product in a manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights or that has not been authorized by us. More specifically, unless explicitly authorized in the Terms of Service or by the owner of the materials, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, re-publish, upload, post, transmit, translate, sell, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute in any manner or medium (including by email or other electronic means) any material from the Product. You may, however, from time to time, download and/or print one copy of individual pages of the Site for your personal, noncommercial use, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
Do not repost GlutenFreeBakingAcademy.com recipe ingredients/instructions/content without written permission. Discuss in general what you like about our course in your own voice, then link back to GlutenFreeBakingAcademy.com. Do not use any GlutenFreeBakingAcademy.com photos, recipes, or content to promote your own business. You know better than that. If you’d like to use Gluten-Free Baking Academy images for commercial, distributed or published use, contact us. Gluten-Free Baking Academy images cannot be used for commercial purposes, stock photography, or to advertise your company, product or services without written permission from Gluten-Free Baking Academy.
VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS IS GROUNDS FOR REMOVAL FROM THE FACEBOOK GROUP AND ACCESS WILL BE DENIED TO THE COURSE IMMEDIATELY AND INDEFINITELY. One strike and you’re out.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
The following terms and conditions govern all use of the http://GlutenFreeBakingAcademy.com website and all content, services and products available at or through the website, including, but not limited to, associated blogs, forums, and websites (www.heathercrosby.com, GlutenFreeBakingAcademy.com, inspiredbyeverything.blogspot.com, among others), taken together, the Website/Courses. The Website/Courses are owned and operated by Heather Crosby and Gluten-Free Baking Academy. The Website/Courses are offered subject to your acceptance without modification of all of the terms and conditions contained herein and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time on this Site by Heather Crosby (collectively, the “Agreement”).
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website/Courses. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website/Course or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Heather Crosby and Gluten-Free Baking Academy and acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a blog, comment on a blog, post material to the Website/Courses, post links on the Website/Courses, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website/Courses (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
*the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
*if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;* the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
*the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
*the Content is not libelous or defamatory (more info on what that means), does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
*your Content is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
* your Content is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog or comment’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy, or otherwise.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Heather Crosby’s, Gluten-Free Baking Academy’s reasonable opinion, violates any Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Heather Crosby’s, Gluten-Free Baking Academy’s sole discretion.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors.Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including nutritional information, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself from harmful or destructive content. The Website/Courses may contain content that is offensive or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website/Courses may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website/Courses, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including nutritional information, made available through the websites and webpages to which GlutenFreeBakingAcademy.wordpress.com links, and that link to GlutenFreeBakingAcademy.wordpress.com links. Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy does not have any control over those non-GlutenFreeBakingAcademy.wordpress.com websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-GlutenFreeBaking Academy.wordpress.com website or webpage, Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-GlutenFreeBakingAcademy.wordpress.com websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by GlutenFreeBakingAcademy.wordpress.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Heather Crosby, GlutenFreeBakingAcademy in accordance with standard Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy or others, Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Website/Courses. In the case of such termination, Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Heather Crosby, YumUniverse LLC, or Gluten-Free Baking Academy.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy to you any Heather Crosby/Gluten-Free Baking Academy or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy. Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy, Gluten-Free Baking Academy.wordpress.com, inspiredbyeverything.blogspot.com, YumUniverse.com, the Gluten-Free Baking Academy logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with GlutenFreeBakingAcademy.wordpress.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy, or Heather Crosby’s, Gluten-Free Baking Academy’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website/Courses may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website/Courses grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy or third-party trademarks. You hereby grant Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to (a) use, copy, publish, stream, store, retain, publicly perform or display, transmit, scan, reformat, modify, edit, frame, translate, excerpt, adapt, create derivative works and distribute (through multiple tiers), any Content you post on or in connection with the Website or Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy services or the promotion thereof and (b) to use your name, likeness and image for any purpose, including commercial or advertising, each of (a) and (b) on or in connection with TF Content, Inc. or the promotion thereof.
- Changes. Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of product and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination.Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website/Courses at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement, you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties.The Website is provided “as is”. Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. If you’re actually reading this, here’s a treat. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to out of your violation this Agreement.
- Imagery and Content Use. You agree to contact GlutenFreeBakingAcademy.com for written permission before posting ANY Gluten-Free Baking Academy recipe ingredients, instructions, photography, or other content. By using this site you agree that all content and photography are property of Gluten-Free Baking Academy and cannot be used without written permission from Gluten-Free Baking Academy. If you are discussing Gluten-Free Baking Academy content, it must be in your own voice, in general terms, and linked back to Gluten-Free Baking Academy with proper photo/recipe credit. You also agree not to use any GlutenFreeBakingAcademy.com photos without written permission. You know better than that. If you’d like to use Gluten-Free Baking Academy images for commercial, distributed or published use, contact us. Gluten-Free Baking Academy images cannot be used for commercial purposes, stock photography, or to advertise your company, product or services without written permission from Gluten-Free Baking Academy.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy, or by the posting by Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of West Virginia, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Jefferson County, West Virginia. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Jefferson County, West Virginia, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Heather Crosby, Gluten-Free Baking Academy may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
- Affiliates.YumUniverse, LLC, Heather Crosby, and Gluten-Free Baking Academy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.